POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mountains (86.2kb bu) : Re: Mountains (86.2kb bu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mountains (86.2kb bu)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 18 Aug 2000 13:39:36
Message: <399d74d8@news.povray.org>
I come to expect render times of 20-30hrs with media and radiosity and
isosurfaces etc,etc. So If you want real quality long render times are the
price you pay.

I use a 800mhz athalon and still get longer times. I lot depends on what
else is running. I usually shut down and restart before starting a long
render.

Reflection, ior and transparency also add enormously to render times.

Mick